Thursday, November 20, 2008

Halloween in Denver Colorado!

Halloween has always been a fun holiday for me! I have always spent hours (like 25-60) making my costumes each year. Since moving to Seattle, and growing into this festival goer that I am, costumes have taken on a whole new meaning. My sewing skills have increased and I can now make pants, capes, skirts, shirts, and well anything with a pattern really.. It's kinda exciting! Now I just need a new sewing machine!
When my friend Andrea told me the band Leftover Salmon would be playing in Denver and flights were only 175$ I thought why not!? Then as I chatted to my best friend Taylor in WY and Kelly who had moved to Alabama a month earlier... they liked the idea as well!
So 5 of us would head off to Denver for the weekend.. Oh what fun!
And this year I figured have a group costume would be fun. So I started to think. At first I wanted to be from the future, the jestons neighbors maybe? With a hoop skirt like Judy! Since I just got into making capes.. I thought I could make everyone a cape. We could all be super heroes from the future! Then the little hands headbands I got this summer could help us all match. We could be handy super heroes! Then at a show the week before Andrea and I got inspired by another person wearing the hands, to sew the to middle fingers down to say I love you in sign language! So then we became the Super handy love heroes from the future!They all got so into it! They even let me paint their faces!

Taylor was the conductor of the love train! All aboard!!

Keller was farmer love.. planting the seeds of love!

Andrea and I were do love and be love... be cause together we are a do-be and everyone loves that!
My skirt even had lights (how so burning man of me!)

It was a blast to be with all my friends somewhere new!

We went hiking in the snow to a lake. It was nice, calm, peaceful.

I got to spend a little time with my good friend who I hiked on the Appalachian trail with "42" or Nira in the outside world.

Saturday night Taylor and I went by ourselves to see Jamie Janover wih Lynx, Zilla, and EOTO and Kang played with them too. It was so much fun! I danced so hard! That music really makes my feet and body move non-stop! I loved it!!
What a perfect, sunny, wonderful weekend, filled with friends, music, and costumes!



No comments: